If you own or run an independent car sales business, body shop or vehicle repair centre the best way to keep ahead of the competition is to truly delight your customers and stand ours from the large chain dealerships.
As margins tighten on car sales, main dealers are increasing their focus on after-sales, to keep in front of the pack you need to deepen customer relationships and stand-out at every touchpoint.
Are you utilising a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool?
Cutting edge technology is now available and affordable to businesses of all sizes. Using a back-office system to generate invoices and store appointments is all well and good, but is it helping you to generate sales and repeat customers?
A modern CRM system will store all information about your customer base, including their social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.). This provides you and your team with a much deeper insight into their world and allowing your customer experience to feel much more personal.
Data tags can be put in place around vehicle ownership and interests allowing email campaigns to be much more targeted and individual. Here’s a couple of examples to highlight the potential:
- Selecting all BMW owners who like Golf – you could then send them a personal mailer about a “BMW Spring check” & include a pack of branded golf balls or tees as an offer.
- From your social media listening, you notice that one of your customers has just had a baby – send a congratulations email & offer to fit a new car seat and carry out a quick safety check. Maybe not a huge earner, but the customer will be amazed and start to promote your business to friend and colleagues.
Many CRM platforms are available, and you should review which one will integrate effectively with your current systems. Check out our friends at Nimble for some more ideas.
Be Proactive, not reactive
Customers are increasingly busy in their daily lives if you wait for them to come to you, you could be leaving the door open for the competition.
You can use your CRM system and your website to help manage customer engagement proactively. Here are a few ideas which we have seen work very effectively and can be easily created:
- MOT and/or Service reminder emails
- Automatic booking from email/website
- Text reminders to reduce no-shows and add to customer experience
- Recommend a friend scheme & both receive 10% off your labour costs
Minimise risk & downtime to systems and your website
At Insync, we like to think of ourselves more as business partners than motor trade insurance brokers, and we take great pride in watching our clients grow and develop their businesses.
However, it would be remiss of us not to highlight the increased IT dependency risk as to the internet, and your website has become your best salesman.
If your website or IT system is hacked or suffers a virus, you could incur significant expense to replace IT servers and reinstall data.
- Protect your business and cover the repair or replacement expenses to your network, systems or website
- Cover breach of privacy for loss of customer data, either by hackers or employee mishandling.
At Insync Insurance we have facilities with the UK's leading motor trade insurers including AXA, Aviva, Allianz, NIG and LV=. We compare motor trade insurance cover and prices to ensure you get the right cover at the right price.
Still, just as importantly, you'll be allocated a trade insurance guru who will handle your account from the point of a quotation right through the life of your policy - why, because nobody likes repeating themselves!
Free Motor Trade Insurance Review
Why not book a free review of your Traders Insurance online at a time that suits YOUR diary. Our specialist underwriters provide policies from part-time road risks to full vehicle dealerships. Alternatively, call us on 0330 1240730 for more information, we would love to hear from you!