Motor Traders - Delight Customers & Keep Ahead of Main Dealers!
If you own or run an an independent car sales business, bodyshop or vehicle repair centre the best way to keep ahead of the competition is to truly delight your customers and stand our from the large chain dealerships.
As margins tighten on car sales, main dealers are increasing their focus on after-sales, to keep in front of the pack you need to deepen customer relationships and stand-out at every touch point.
Are you utilising a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool?
Cutting edge technology is now available and affordable to businesses of all sizes. Using a back office system to generate invoices and store appointments is all well and good, but is it helping you to generate sales and repeat customers? A modern CRM system will store all information about your customer base including their Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.), providing you and your team with a much deeper insight into their world and allowing your customer experience to feel much more personal.
Data tags can be put in place around vehicle ownership and interests allowing email campaigns to be much more targeted and individual. Here’s a couple of examples to highlight the potential:
- Selecting all BMW owners who like Golf – you could then send them a personal mailer about a “BMW Spring check” & include a pack of branded golf balls or tees as an offer.
- From your social media listening you notice that one of your customers has just had a baby – send a congratulations email & offer to fit a new car seat and carry out a quick safety check. Maybe not a huge earner, but the customer will be amazed and start to promote your business to friend and colleagues.
Many CRM platforms are available and you should review which one will integrate effectively with your current systems. Check out our friends at Nimble for some more ideas.
Be Proactive not reactive
Customers are increasingly busy in their daily lives if you wait for them to come to you, you could be leaving the door open for the competition. You can use your CRM system and your website to help manage customer engagement proactively. Here is a few ideas which we have seen work very effectively and can be easily created:
- MOT and/or Service reminder emails
- Automatic booking from email / website
- Text reminders to reduce no-shows and add to customer experience
- Recommend a friend scheme & both receive 10% off your labour costs
Minimise risk & downtime to systems and your website
At Insync we like to think of ourselves more as business partners than motor trade insurance brokers and we take great pride in watching our clients grow and develop their businesses. However, it would be remiss of us not to highlight the increased IT dependency risk as the internet and your website become your best salesman.
If you website or IT system is hacked or suffers a virus you could incur significant expense to replace IT servers and reinstall data. These types of losses are not covered under a standard motor trade insurance policy, but in recognition of the changing world, our Cyber Insurance policy will:
- Protect your business and cover the repair or replacement expenses to your network, systems or website
- Cover breach of privacy for loss of customer data, either by hackers or employee mishandling.
Compare Trade Insurance
At Insync Insurance we have facilties with the UK's leading motor trade insurers including AXA, Aviva, Allianz, NIG and LV=. We compare motor trade insurance cover and prices to ensure you get the right cover at the right price, but just as importantly, you'll be allocated a trade insurance guru who will handle your account from point of quotation right through the life of your policy - why, because nobody likes repeating themselves!
Free Motor Trade Insurance Review
Why not book a free review of your Traders Insurance online at a time that suits YOUR diary. Our specialist underwriters provide policies from part-time road risks to full vehicle dealerships. Alternatively, call us on 0330 1240730 for more information, we would love to hear from you!
- Car Dealers - Our top 5 Motor Trade Insurance Claims
- Don't let Motor Trade Insurance worries stop you taking an apprentice!
- How to Compare Motor Trade Insurance
About the Author
I’m passionate about family, sport, technology and business.
In fact, I have always been fascinated by business, whether it was running the school tuck-shop or my Saturday job in the local store, I was always looking for ways to improve or view things differently.
I have enjoyed an amazing career fast approaching 25 years in the insurance industry, which has given me real insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by SME businesses in today’s ever-evolving marketplace.
I co-founded Insync Insurance, to offer companies a new way to buy and manage their business insurance. A synergy of digital servicing and personal expertise - utilising the latest technology to enhance relationships, not to replace them.